Monday, June 4, 2012

I went back in time.

Hey kids. This past weekend, my parents and a good friend of mine went to Reading to a large World War II reenactment. We went last year and I loved it. I can't quite explain how amazing it truly is. All weekend they have reenactors, musicians, a few big bands, a fashion show, you name it. We went to see a big band in the hangar, and I had a blast!

My daddy and I. He wore my grandpa's uniform. I HAD to dress up. There was no way I was going without a costume, and I wasn't able to find any of my grandma's old clothes... so I went as Rosie the Riveter.



Eleanor and Franklin on their way to make an address

Sniper during FDR's address







An INCREDIBLE dancer. Amazing. My awkward kicked in. My face says it all.

Abbott and Costello visited

Awkward couple is awkward. 
They were dancing together for most of the night, but couldn't sit together, I suppose. Adorable.

I really do believe that sometimes I was born in the wrong time. I can't wait for next year.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love these photos! They are all so amazing; I especially love the one of you in front of the plane!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laur. It was so much fun. Next year, YOU come along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh! I was there, too. My parents are a part of MAAM and have been there since the very first one (and I've been going since I was four months old!). Sometimes I feel like I grew up at that museum (which I pretty much did)! Such an amazing place and it feels so much like home (I know what you mean about feeling like you were born in the wrong century). Looks like you had a great time. xx

    Hannah

    www.youtube.com/heroinsideme22

    ReplyDelete